Silverfish, also known as fishmoth or a paramite are fast-moving, nocturnal creatures that have many of the same behaviors as cockroaches. Its name is partially due to its silvery-light-gray coloring and is found all over the world, including North America & Europe. Like cockroaches, silverfish can trigger allergic reactions in some individuals but are primarily pests that don’t bite and are not likely to spread pathogens that cause diseases. Nevertheless, they can contaminate food, spoil paper goods and stain clothing, so you absolutely don’t want them hanging around in your home. Have you awakened in the middle of the night and felt something crawl or move fast on your body, turned on the light and spied silverfish on your bed? Do you have nightmares after spotting a silverfish on your bed? If yes, then we at Accurate Pest Control can help! Our experts understand your dilemma and desire of getting rid of your trouble quickly. We use advanced & most effective treatments for complete Silverfish extermination at your home in San Antonio. These destructive pests can mostly be active during the night and their feeding habits increase the risk to the property. The main reason they are found on your bed at night is because they like to eat cotton as well as linens.
Considering what attracts silverfish to your bed is significant in helping get rid of them & keeping them away from your house. Some remedies are:
- Apply some cedar, or spray mattresses with cedar oil. This will keep silverfish allegedly away as they don’t like the smell and will not be seen around the sprayed area.
- Dried bay leaves on the bed can be an effective insect repellant. Silverfish don’t like the smell.
- Don’t leave newspapers, or mail lying around. Likewise, throw away old or rotten cardboard boxes.
- Stock up off-season garments in a sealed bin which is completely dry.
- Clean & vacuum regularly to suck up food crumbs (potentially suck up any eggs).
- Always store dry food in tightly sealed containers
- Make sure to seal any cracks or clefts with caulk to keep them away from your home, or laying eggs while they’re in there.
- Place a dehumidifier in your home to keep moisture away.
- By installing a better bathroom fan for showers, it will keep the area dry and parched.
- Clear the perimeter around your house of leaves and other debris.
If you ever find a silverfish in your bed or spot one around your San Antonio home then, contact Accurate Pest Control’s Bed bug exterminators right away.