Mice infestation control involves prevention and reduction in the mice population with the help of deep sanitation and exclusion. Mice may look adorable and naughty in cartoons, but mice are real pests.
Mice will gnaw on anything and everything that they consider edible. These edible items can include clothes, shoes, car wiring, household furniture, and carpets. They are also masters of devouring stored food grains. It doesn’t end here; mice are carriers of multiple diseases like bubonic plague and leptospirosis.
There are many ways to eradicate mice in San Antonio. At Accurate Pest Control, we have listed only tried and tested methods.
- Accurate Pest Control provides residents and commercial clients with wildlife animal control experts in San Antonio. These experts will ensure they check every nook and crevice of your home and its perimeter to find and eradicate mice nests. They will also guide you thoroughly in ensuring you keep these pests from entering your homes and commercial properties.
- Snap traps are little wooden mice/mouse-size traps. Set up the triggers and leave the trap where you last noticed mice activity. For starters, the kitchen is sure to have mice activity.
- Baits such as peanuts, cheese, or boiled pieces of vegetables laced with rat poison are kept at the place where mice activity was noticed. The mice are attracted to these poison-laced foods and die after consumption. However, one serious problem exists with baits: the mice could die indoors or even in their burrows, causing the carcass to rot, and eventually, the odor will become unbearable to the home’s occupants. Similarly, if you have infants or toddlers, leaving food items laced with poison can pose a direct threat to them for self-explanatory reasons.
- Sanitation of the kitchen by keeping it clean plays a significant role in controlling the mice population. Since the place is clean and has no leftovers, the mice look for food elsewhere. This also forces them to find shelter near the food source. However, these are not permanent solutions. At times, rats will forage for food elsewhere or even chew on your home electrical wiring, which could cause unnecessary blackouts.
- Exclusion is considered the most successful form of house mice control. This involves blocking all entry points for mice. All entry gaps larger than a quarter-inch are blocked with steel scouring pads. Permanent measures include sealing cracks in the foundations between the plumbing, vents, and concrete.
Mice are stubborn pests and will keep returning provided they find food. They can cause damages that will cost thousands of dollars to repair. Therefore, our wildlife animal control experts offer the best rodent control service in San Antonio.
If you’re fed up with using all the possible ways to eradicate mice or other rodents and are still at square one, you need to call Accurate Pest Control quickly for a free quote!