In San Antonio, house centipedes are the most common species found there. You will find them moving around drains and bathtubs, between cracks and crevices where humidity is high. You may not want centipedes on your property. They are not pleasant to have around or to look at either.
It’s the peak time for a centipede infestation in Texas. Since they are nocturnal creatures, they are hard to find, and their infestation goes unnoticed. Before the situation goes out of control, you must protect your home from these creeping creatures.
Unwanted problems caused by Centipedes
Fortunately, Centipedes are harmless creatures. But, it doesn’t mean you can allow these creatures to infest your property. Their infestation can become overwhelming very quickly when you see them crawling up into your tub or scattering across your walls and other areas of your property.
Before the problem goes out of control, you must take preventive measures. After all, you may not want to spot these sticky creatures inside and outside your home.
Getting rid of Centipedes
To make your property free from Centipedes, you must know how they survive and what conditions they prefer to live in. These creepy creatures love messy, dark, and damp areas of your property. You need to target these areas first. Apart from it, keep these tips into consideration while exterminating centipedes from your property:
1. Centipedes often seek hidden places when it’s too hot or dry outside. Fix all leaks on the exterior and interior of your property. It prevents moisture in the leaked areas that allow for centipede infestation.
2. Centipedes feed on soft-bodied insects, worms, spiders, and other pests. Remove their food sources by eradicating other pests from your house.
3. Seal the holes in doors and windows. It allows Centipedes to enter through these holes and invade your property.
4. Make sure the garbage is dumped regularly, and all surfaces are properly cleaned.
5. Centipedes are usually found under rocks, within mulch, in leaf piles, and under landscaping ties. Make sure your lawn is free of debris.
6. Keep your basement and attic dry to prevent moisture. You can utilize a dehumidifier for this purpose.
7. Put a glue-based trap near the bottom of the sink or bathtub. It will capture bugs, ants, and centipedes whenever they walk over it.
8. If there are any exterior cracks and crevices, fix them as soon as possible. It’s an excellent way to keep centipedes out of your building.
9. Repair leaks in faucets, pipes, and other plumbing that creates moisture.
10. Install door sweeps on exterior doors. It prevents Centipedes from entering your property.
Seek professional help
Identifying Centipedes in your house is not easy. Approaching a professional expert can help you spot their hiding spots. Calling Accurate Pest Control in San Antonio can make your work easy. The expert and professional team will inspect your entire property to keep centipedes and other pests out of your home. Give us a call today to free your house from these unwanted creatures.