Mosquitoes are never pleasant visitors at home; no one likes mosquito bites. It creates itchiness and irritating feelings and brings along other infections and possibly a visit to the hospital as well. It is not an unknown fact, but mosquitoes do cause health-related issues and discomfort in human life. These critters are one of the most threatening and bothersome pests bringing in deadly disease and itchy bites. You can manage mosquitoes through diligence and access to the best pest control services in San Antonio. If you are looking for opportunities to reduce the risk of pesky mosquitoes, then read on to discover a unique checklist we at Accurate Pest Control have curated to control mosquitoes at home.
- Avert Mosquitoes from Entering
Unless there is an entry point, mosquitoes or any other pests cannot enter your house, so it is necessary for you to block entryways to prevent mosquitoes from entering. To ensure a mosquito-free place, you should close all doors and windows at dusk because mosquitoes look for places to settle as darkness takes over daylight, so closing doors and windows blocks their entry into your house.
- Avert mosquitoes from breeding
Most pest control companies in San Antonio believe that a simple step to keep your house free from mosquitoes is not to create a hospitable environment for it to breed inside or even near your home. Here is a list of possible places where mosquitoes could breed:
- Water bodies and the kitchen space are the two most significant places that act as the breeding grounds for mosquitoes.
- Garbage collection places, ditches, lofts, and sink areas are shared spaces where mosquitoes build a nest.
- Leaking hoses, faucets, or sprinkler systems
- Unclean or impure water in birdbaths, pet water bowls, and flower vases
- Open containers like juice boxes, buckets, jars, pots, etc
- Unused water from pools and hot tubs
- Overwatered lawn or plants
When the places mentioned above are always clean, it will be inhospitable for mosquitoes to breed in or near your house.
- Install Mosquito Screens For Doors
Mosquito nets and screens area cheap and effective measure that homeowners can invest in keeping mosquitoes away from your property. When homeowners install mosquito screens for windows and doors, it not only prevents mosquitoes from entering but also prevents other winged creatures like butterflies, wasps, bees, houseflies, and more from entering your house. Another significant advantage of mosquito screens is you can enjoy a cool breeze without having to close doors and windows and deal with pests. It is important to note that you clean the screens occasionally once installed, as it becomes a spot for dust collection, giving rise to other health issues.
- Install MistAway™
The innovative MistAway™ system by Accurate Pest Control helps eliminate existing mosquitoes, biting insects, and other pests. MistAway™ is a mosquito control system that prevents mosquito growth throughout your property, with its automatic outdoor misting system, which blends in quite well with your current landscape. Installing a mosquito control system helps avoid health threats as it stops mosquitoes from breeding and destroys new mosquitoes.
5. Maintain rainwater tanks and water storage vessels
Most female mosquitoes lay eggs near water bodies, mostly near swimming pools, ponds, and anywhere with the slightest depression where water can collect. Mosquitoes can hatch eggs within 72hrs after exposure to moisture; well, now the rest is left to one’s imagination. Homeowners can follow simple steps to avoid stagnant water in and around the property:
- Water tanks must be entirely sealed
- Make sure that there are no rifts on lids, covers, and inlet pipes.
- Install removable screen mesh to the outlet end of overflow pipes and all inlets.
- Ensure all water collection containers have secure lids and screens.
What part of the checklist are you putting into practice? Visit our website to know more about our mosquito control system- MistAway™. Contact Accurate Pest Control on 210-263-3183 for further assistance.