Do you get nervous, and annoyed looking at your toddler’s skin been bitten by ants? Do you often see your beloved pet chasing these pesky pets in the backyard? Have you noticed an ant trail from the kitchen windowsill entering your house? Let’s face it; ants can be a big nuisance in your home. Accurate Pest Control in San Antonio, Texas, believes that pesky ants are a trouble of the past. Our Ant Exterminator Company in San Antonio has end-to-end ant treatment options you can rely on.
Accurate Pest control in San Antonio has identified the below methods to eradicate ants from your house:
Ant Extermination: Discover the Best Ant Bait
When you see an ant, your first thought is probably to kill it, but you tend to forget that there may be thousands more hiding in the house. The ones you spot are scout ants hunting for food for the colony.
- Use these scouts to evacuate the entire colony. Ants’ tastes vary during the year; they prefer protein in the spring and sweets and fatty foods in the summertime.
- Leave some oily food, sugar, or honey outside and observe which food attracts ants. Use the food they prefer for bait and a DIY approach to killing ants.
Ant Extermination: Erase Ant Traces
If you see one ant, you’re bound to see many more because ants leave a scented trace that other ants will chase. Sweeping/mopping doesn’t help to eliminate the scent.
- Instead, make a concoction of vinegar with three parts water in a spray bottle and then spray at areas; this will stop outdoor nesting ants from foraging food.
- Use an ant bait to kill ants as vinegar and water won’t stop ants that are already nesting indoors.
Ant Extermination: Wipe Out Ant Swarms
Once you’ve set out toxic ant bait, you will initially see many ants, which is a good sign. More ants are taking the poisonous bait back to the colony, further sharing it with the colony.
- The use of liquid bait is the best way to kill ants. If you still have ants in the house after a couple of weeks, replace the bait containers.
- The final option is to eradicate ants by finding the nest and wiping out the entire colony.
Ant Prevention: Keep Your Home Clean At All Times
The first defense against ants is to have a clean house.
- Remove food crumbs, wipe up spills, waste and don’t leave dirty dishes sitting on the kitchen counter. This takes away the ants’ food source.
- A safe way to eradicate ants is to spray a mix of vinegar + water around pet food bowls to keep ants from feasting.
Ant Prevention: Spray Ant Entry Points
On eradication of ants, it’s vital to take steps to make sure ants don’t return.
- Seal, caulk holes and spray pesticide around windows and doors.
- An insecticide comprising permethrin, bifenthrin, or deltamethrin is one way to invade ants. Spray a 4-inch-wide band on entry points.
- Kill ants with a versatile insect bait spray; this works wonders.
Ant Prevention: Eradicate Safe Havens for Ants
- Trim back bushes, shrubs, and trees that sweep against your siding or roof that provide a bridge for ants to enter your house.
- Maintain a 6-inch clearance space between the ground, around the foundation, and siding bottom row to stop ants from nesting in the siding.
- Avoid piling firewood near the house as it makes an ideal retreat for ants.
Even after taking precautions, if you still have ants invading your private space, then you need to seek professional help from Accurate Pest Control in San Antonio. Our Ant Exterminator Company in San Antonio can examine and advise a comprehensive solution for the ant infestation in your home.