Getting Rid Of Spiders And Cobwebs In Your House
May 26, 2022
House spiders are some of the most dreaded creatures. They carry dangerous venom and may attract other insects into your house. In the beginning, they may seem like polite guests. Later they create cobwebs in your San Antonio home that make the work challenging for you.
Black widow spiders are the most common in Texas. They are a dangerous, venomous spider species found all over North America. To keep these unwanted arachnids at bay, you must know the prevention tricks.
How Do Spiders Infest Your House?
Spiders love dark, quiet places. These tiny creatures are exceptionally good at hiding. When you discover cobwebs in your San Antonio property, they have been there for a long time weaving those webs. If not prevented, they become more visible with time.
To get ahead of spider infestation in your house, you must know their favorite hiding places:
- Outside areas such as porches, sheds, and garages are their targets.
- Spider cobwebs are often found in the interior corners of your home structures or rooms. These creatures love to minimize their presence by sticking themselves in these corners.
- Closets do not have natural lights. It is the key hiding place for American house spiders.
Tips For Spider Prevention In Your San Antonio Home
If you suspect a spider presence in your house or discover cobwebs in the suspected areas, it is time to take immediate preventive steps to stop spider infestation. Follow these below-mentioned tips strictly:
- Dispose of home trash properly: Food waste collected in your home attracts bugs that spiders prey on. Make sure all trash in your house is thrown out on time and disposed of in a tight-fitting lid.
- Clear clutter around your home: Spiders look for places to hide. These creatures build their cobwebs in the clutter around your property. To reduce the number of spiders in your home, cut down on clutter as soon as possible. Clean up the odds and donate or recycle items like old clothing, toys, or even books that you do not use or need. It keeps spiders away.
- Sweep up webs: Some spiders often reuse abandoned webs in the house. If you see a cobweb in your house, do not let it sit for hours or days. Remove it immediately. Take a broom or vacuum and carefully sweep up the cobwebs on your property. If you cannot find the exact location of spider cobwebs, the house inspection can help you out.
- Minimize moisture content: If there are any leaking pipes or obstructed drains, fix them as soon as possible. These damages provide water for spiders that allows them to make cobwebs easily.
- Seal the entrances that make space for spiders: Using silicone caulk, seal up cracks or openings on the exterior of your property. To prevent spiders from entering, replace faulty weather stripping and door sweeps. Make sure your doors are well-sealed. Wear gloves while moving wood furniture or other items that are stored outside.
- Take care of yard work: Clear outdoor clutter such as leaf piles, lawn trimmings, or other debris. Spiders look forward to making cobwebs in these places. An extra tip – Move firewood at least 20 feet away from your home and store it on an elevated platform for added safety.
The best way to deal with arachnids is to approach professional and expert pest control services in San Antonio. Accurate Pest Control have you covered! Contact us today to get rid of spiders and all your pest problems in your San Antonio home.