How To Control Bed Bugs For A Peaceful Sleep?
August 24, 2022
Bed bugs in San Antonio are tiny creatures about 5 millimeters; they are tough and reproduce quickly. These insects hide themselves to avoid detection and are a severe problem for households throughout America. Bed bugs thrive in a safe, temperate environment for breeding purposes. They multiply rapidly , and hide in narrow cracks and crevices.
Bed bug infestation is a nuisance, and their bites are itchy and irritating. However, these tiny creatures do not spread disease. But you can take some measures to prevent the spread of these in your homes. Inspect the rooms regularly, and check your luggage and clothes when you come from tours.
To prevent them from attacking your homes, you need some basic plan. Bed bugs are usually transported through shared spaces in hotels or public transit. These tiny bloodsuckers can leave red, itchy welts all over the body if they get into your bed. Here are some of the measures:
- Bed Bugs have small, narrow bodies that enable them to squeeze into spots, like the seams of a mattress or couch and the folds of curtains. You can find these bugs in the cracks in the bed frame and headboard, baseboards, between couch cushions, inside electrical outlets, in furniture joints, or underneath paintings and posters on the walls. It would help to spot them with a flashlight and magnifying glass.
- Bed bugs are deep red in color and are about the size of 1/4-inch long. Their droppings are like dark spots with reddish stains, which you can easily find on your mattress. Once you spot a bedbug, please put it in a sealed jar with alcohol.
- The quick and easiest way to trap bed bugs is to use a vacuum. Run the vacuum over the possible hiding places like your bed, dresser, carpets, and electronics. Seal these bugs in a plastic bag and throw them away.
- Do not leave anything on the floor. Try to keep the floor areas clean. Throw away any unused furniture. Do not move furniture from an infested room to a clean one. Seal the cracks in furniture and around baseboards and tape up the open electrical outlets.
- Bed bugs get easily killed in heat temperatures at 115°F or intense cold at 32°F. Wash your clothes in hot water for 30 minutes. Steam the mattresses and couches where bed bugs usually hide. When cleaning the visible bed bugs, place bed bug-proof covers over the mattress and box spring. Zip the covers properly.
- Insecticides can prevent bedbugs. Pyrethrins and pyrethroids are common chemicals. Neonicotinoids damage the nervous system of the bugs. Plant-based oil products like EcoRaider and Bed Bug Patrol, work effectively too.
- Bed Bugs are tricky creatures. These nasty bugs may reappear when you think you have cleaned them all. Then it is time to call a professional exterminator in San Antonio.
- Pest control companies have the advantage of having insecticides that can kill the bugs that stay inside the furniture and wipe them out from the cracks in the long term. These professionals heat the whole room with special equipment that heats the room high enough to terminate these little bugs.
Contact Accurate Pest Control today and make your home bed bug free!