Pest Spotlight: Subterranean Termites In San Antonio
June 30, 2023
Termites are one of the more concerning pest infestations that San Antonio homeowners can deal with. Some insects are considered nuisances. Other insects, like termites, can cause considerable damage to your home. Termites are responsible for billions of dollars of property damage every year, and the average termite-related repair runs into thousands of dollars. Termite infestations can start quietly and can develop over a period of years. By the time you discover them, termites can have caused considerable damage to your home.
Don't let a termite problem cause you concern. Accurate Pest Control professionals know how to get rid of termites. Call us today for pest control in San Antonio.
About The Subterranean Termite Caste System
Termite colonies are highly organized. Each member has its own function in duties, and this helps the hive as a whole to thrive and maintain order. There are four castes of termites in a termite colony. Workers are responsible for all aspects of colony maintenance. Soldiers are responsible for protecting the colony as a whole. Secondary reproductives serve as standby breeders in case something happens to the queen. Finally, the queen is responsible for most of the colony's reproduction. The queen is specialized to be able to lay up to 2000 eggs a day.
If you're having trouble with termites in San Antonio, Accurate Pest Control can help. Get in touch with us today because we know how to get rid of termites.
How To Identify Signs Of Subterranean Termite Damage
Termite infestations can start quietly and exist in your home for years before you discover them. By then, they may have created extensive damage to your home. Each year, termites cause billions of dollars of damage, with the average termite-related repair running into thousands of dollars. Here are some ways to tell if termites are in your home:
- Sagging floors: If termites damage support structures under your floor, they may begin to sag.
- Cracking walls: If your house begins to settle due to termite-related damage, you may notice cracks in your walls.
- Misaligned windows and doors: Houses settling because of termite damage can cause windows and doors to fall out of alignment. You may suddenly find that your windows and doors aren't opening or closing easily as they once did.
These are some of the signs that you may have a termite infestation. If you are struggling with termites, Accurate Pest Control is the best termite company near you. Contact us today, and let us help you eliminate termites.
The Factors That Attract Subterranean Termites To Your Property
Here are some of the things that might attract termites to your property:
- Tree stumps: Tree stumps are highly attractive to termites because they offer great opportunities for food. Eliminate stumps from your yard to discourage termites from coming.
- Wood scraps: Wood stored in contact with the ground is also highly attractive to termites. Elevate firewood off the ground, and eliminate scrap wood contacting the ground to discourage termites.
- Mulch: Mulch is attractive to termites who will readily establish colonies in it. Minimize the amount of mulch you use and keep it away from your home to discourage termites from coming inside.
If you need help with termite removal, Accurate Pest Control can help. Call us today for help with termites. You will be glad you did.
What It Takes To Get Rid Of Subterranean Termites
If you're struggling with termite control in San Antonio, don't try to go it alone with ineffective DIY pest control treatments. Instead, let Accurate Pest Control professionals come to your aid. We have a long history of successfully eliminating all area pest infestations, including termites, and we can help you get rid of yours. Call us today for help with termites.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"I have always been impressed with Accurate Pest Control. I did switch companies a couple of years ago and was back with Accurate very soon after. The quality and customer service are excellent. Someone actually answers the phone when you call and they are always wonderful to work with. I highly recommend Accurate Pest Control."
Contact Accurate Pest Control Today!(210) 934-8440
Reach out to us for pest control in San Antonio, TX and the surrounding areas.