San Antonio Homeowners' Bed Bug Control Guide
February 10, 2023
Bed bugs are nuisance pests. They are experts at making life a living nightmare for San Antonio residents. Bed bugs are external parasites that feed on the blood of their victims and leave itchy, red bites every time they do so. They live off of their hosts for their entire lives. Once bed bugs have infested a property, controlling them may be quite challenging.
If you discover that bed bugs are living in your house, you must take action as soon as possible. Contact Accurate Pest Control for pest control in San Antonio; we provide powerful treatments for bed bugs that are guaranteed to end these pests' biting behavior for good!
Unmistakable Signs Of Bed Bug Infestation
Bed bug bites are likely the most obvious evidence that you have bed bugs in your house; however, they are not the only symptom you should check for. Remember, the bites themselves may be difficult to distinguish from those caused by other insects. Instead, searching for other telltale signs of bed bugs in your San Antonio house would be best. These include the following:
- If you see shed skins.
- If the mattress and the sheets both have rust-colored stains on them.
- If there are stains of blood on your linens and pajamas.
- If you notice a musty, sweet-smelling stench in your room.
Also, look for living bed bugs along the seams of your mattress, around the edge of your headboard, and in any dark crevices that may be present in your furniture. If you have observed any of the above bed bug signs, it is time to seek the assistance of a qualified and experienced professional at Accurate Pest Control, which provides the best bed bug pest control near you.
How And Why Bed Bug Infestations Get Worse With Time
Bed bugs have a greater chance of spreading as the world's population grows and the amount of travel people do increases. There is little evidence to suggest that bed bugs will disappear soon. Bed bug indications can be challenging to recognize, and most people only realize they have an infestation once it's too late to do anything about it.
Bed bugs are challenging to eradicate, and infestations continue to rise despite your best efforts. Bed bugs becoming immune to pesticides contributes to the problem, and specialists are concerned that they are running out of treatment alternatives.
Easy Tips To Prevent Bed Bugs Catching A Ride Into Your Home
Regular inspections for evidence of bed bug infestations are the most effective method for preventing the spread of this pest. With this method, you may eliminate any potential bed bugs before they can spread further. In addition to this method, the following are some more things that you can do:
- Ensure your bedroom is tidy and free of any debris or items, especially clothing, that could provide a hiding spot for bed bugs.
- Steer clear of used furniture if you can. If this is the case, you should scrutinize the item for any telltale symptoms of bed bugs before bringing it into your house.
- Cover your mattress and box spring with a protective cover.
- Frequently vacuum your home.
- Examine the conditions of your sleeping quarters whenever you travel.
- When staying in a hotel, use the bag stand provided rather than putting your bag on the floor or your bed.
- When traveling, it is essential to check your clothes and bags before heading home.
- Bring a plastic bag to hold your dirty clothes if you use shared laundry facilities. Immediately remove the garments from the dryer and fold them when you get home.
- Close up any holes or spaces that may exist in the walls of your property.
Unlike lice, which spread from person to person by direct contact, bed bugs cannot hitch rides on human beings. However, they can hitchhike on the clothes of humans. By doing so, people can unintentionally transfer bed bugs to others.
The Best Bed Bug Control Method For San Antonio Homes
Not only is it frustrating to attempt to control a bed bug infestation alone, but it can also be rather costly. Your out-of-pocket expenses will, at the very least, double due to the fee for the essential pesticides, the cost of the necessary equipment, the lengthier hotel stays, and the amount of time required to treat and clean your property thoroughly. Accurate Pest Control is the best pest control for bed bugs near you.
You won't have to face this infestation alone now that you have Accurate Pest Control. We offer the best services for bed bug control in San Antonio. You won't have to spend a substantial fortune on our treatments, and our bed bug control specialists come well-stocked with all the most recent equipment. If you want more info regarding our bed bug control services in San Antonio, do not hesitate to contact us immediately.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"I have always been impressed with Accurate Pest Control. I did switch companies a couple of years ago and was back with Accurate very soon after. The quality and customer service are excellent. Someone actually answers the phone when you call and they are always wonderful to work with. I highly recommend Accurate Pest Control."
Contact Accurate Pest Control Today!(210) 934-8440
Reach out to us for pest control in San Antonio, TX and the surrounding areas.