Top 10 Spider Prevention Tips You Must Know
May 17, 2022
The average American home has more than 100 different species of bugs. Around 40% of the population lives with a phobia of bugs. The majority of them fear spiders. Though they are not very toxic to humans, their bite can result in a slight swelling, inflammation, or itching sensation. Once spiders infest your San Antonio property, dealing with them or exterminating them becomes challenging.
Types Of Spiders Found In San Antonio
In Texas, there are at least 88 unique species of spiders. Here are some common home-invading spiders in San Antonio:
- Wolf spiders: These species of spiders are bigger than most peridomestic spiders with a hairy appearance and hunting tactics. They won’t make a cobweb but prey on small insects.
- House spiders: They are 3/16 or 5/16 inch in length and have a yellowy-brown coloration that makes cobwebs in unattended places in your house.
- Black widow spiders: Being one of the scariest species of spiders, black widows weave their webs in dark, undisturbed places of your property.
- Brown recluse spiders: Don’t mistake them for other spiders. They can be potentially deadly and have soft bodies with tan-brown to dirt brown and uniform coloration.
Know The Top 10 Spider Prevention Tips
If you are noticing spider infestation on your property, take preventive steps. Here are the top 10 spider prevention tips:
1. Seal Your Home Exteriors
Start with restricting access to your home so spiders cannot find their way inside. If there are cracks in your foundation, spaces, window and door frames, and gaps around utility piping, seal them quickly.
Once done, check your window and door screens. Make sure they are all rip and tear-free.
2. Regularly Spray Pesticides In Cracks
Pesticides are found to be effective in preventing spider infestation. Spray pesticides in cracks or crevices where spiders may live.
3. Make Use Of Spider Traps
Spiders live in dark, unattended, and dark places in your home. Placing spider traps in these areas can do the work.
4. Essential Oils Also Do The Work
Try essential oils if you want to adopt safe and natural options to prevent spiders. They have repelling properties and prevent these creatures from entering your home. Here are some of the essential oils:
- Tea tree
5. Prevent The Food Source Of Spiders
Spiders make their way to your home for the most basic reason: food. Their food sources are earwigs, flies, mosquitoes, and moths. Remove these food sources and ensure complete pest control to see quick results.
6. Make Your Natural Spider Spray
You can also make your own spider repellent spray. Just mix these ingredients:
- One cup of apple cider vinegar
- One cup of pepper
- One teaspoon of oil
- One teaspoon of liquid dish soap
Put it in a bottle and spray near your windows and doors.
7. Place Hedge Apples In Your Home
Want an old secret to prevent spiders in your home? Use Hedge apples! Placing this green fruit keeps spiders at bay.
8. Deep Clean Your House
A thorough cleaning of your home is a great way to reduce spiders and other insects. Make sure you don’t neglect large appliances, furniture, and other tight, hard-to-reach areas of your property.
9. Regularly Dispose Of Trash
Trash and food waste work as a breeding ground for spiders. Throw it out regularly with a tight-fitting lid.
10. Take Professional Help
Spider exterminators have the expertise to provide quick and thorough results. They will inspect your house and determine the cause of the spider infestation.
Keep Your San Antonio Property Free From Spiders
For on-time spider prevention, contact Accurate Pest Control. Our team provides professional and expert pest control services in San Antonio. Call us today and get rid of these not-so-dangerous creatures and other pests.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"I have always been impressed with Accurate Pest Control. I did switch companies a couple of years ago and was back with Accurate very soon after. The quality and customer service are excellent. Someone actually answers the phone when you call and they are always wonderful to work with. I highly recommend Accurate Pest Control."
Contact Accurate Pest Control Today!(210) 934-8440
Reach out to us for pest control in San Antonio, TX and the surrounding areas.