What To Expect During A Termite Inspection?
May 13, 2019
Termites can cause considerable damage to your home as they feed mainly on wood and frequently tend to chew through furniture, cabinets, floors, and ceilings. Homes constructed primarily of wood are more prone to termite infestation, and such damage can render these structures unsuitable for living in. Termite infestation can be disastrous, and extermination can be expensive if the infestation goes unnoticed for a long period of time. If you suspect termites in your house, it is high time to call the pest control professionals in San Antonio and schedule an inspection. The sooner you discover and eradicate these pests, the better off your wallet will be. Prior to an inspection, it is important for you to take care of a few things.
What To Expect During A Termite Inspection
It is always better to ask pest control professionals beforehand what needs to be done on your end to be most prepared for a quick and efficient inspection. The pest control inspector will need access to the following areas, which you will need to clear prior to their arrival:
- Garage Walls: The expansion joints, as well as where the garage walls meet the slab floor, are entry points for termites and will need to be inspected properly for infestation. Therefore, you should clean the garage wall in advance and make adequate space for the exterminators.
- Exterior Walls: Keep your belongings away from exterior walls as they need to be thoroughly examined for bugs who enter primarily from outside.
- Crawl Space: Make sure you remove everything that blocks the opening to the crawl space, so pest control has easy access to the raised foundation outside of your house.
- Attic: The exterminator(s) will need to get into the attic for a termite inspection, and it should be easily accessible. Accordingly, ensure you remove clothing and other items if the entrance to the attic is in a closet.
- Sinks: Pest control is very likely to check areas under sinks as these are hotspots for bugs and termite infestation. Therefore, remove items under your bathroom and kitchen sinks.
What To Expect From Us
With over 25+ years of experience, Accurate Pest Control has never failed to satisfy our customers. Our team conducts thorough inspections and uses the most up-to-date technologies for extermination. We use the Termidor®, which has been named America’s leading termite control for eliminating termites from homes. We offer innovative techniques to exterminate termites and protect your home against future infestations. Give us a call at 210-903-9964 today!