Interesting Facts About Skunks
February 26, 2020
Someone has rightly said, ‘In the terrain of skunks he who has half a nose is the king.’ Well, we all know striped skunks are very popular for their foul odor . These critters can not only cause havoc and harm to your senses but can also disturb the peace of your home. The best advice, the presence of skunks needs professional Wildlife Animal Control services in your San Antonio home. Even if they are not violent animals, they are cautious not to spray themselves with their smell. Most importantly, professional elimination becomes compulsory when dealing with skunks infected with rabies. By calling Accurate Pest Control you can save yourself from the smelly adversary while evaluating and eliminating all traces of skunks on your property. Our knowledgeable experts follow-up by clearing, cleaning and sanitizing the affected areas with advanced tools and technology with immediate effect.
Fascinating Facts You May Want To Know About Notorious Skunks
- Skunks possess an intense sense of odor, hearing, but deprived vision and are known carriers of rabies.
- Skunks can run up to 10 miles per hour.
- A male skunk is known as a buck, the female is a doe and the baby is called a kit.
- A skunk can live up to three years in the wild, but they can survive 10 years in internment.
- Skunks can survive in any environment and tend to burrow out their dens underground using tree branches, twigs, leaves, and brush to camouflage. A skunk’s prime nesting location is within the deserted burrows of other animals.
- Skunks feed on diverse sources such as insects, bees, grubs, berries, mushrooms, eggs, frogs and even small rodents. They are most active at night; they do not hibernate, even if they do stay within their dens during colder temperatures. Skunks spend most of their time alone except during the mating season.
- Skunks are typically not violent, but they can spray an awful odor from their anal glands when endangered. Raising their tail, hissing and stomping their rear feet are warning signals before spraying, so be sure to watch out for this one. They can spray as far as 10 feet away.
A principally trouble-free decision would be to contact wildlife animal control in San Antonio, to speedily, successfully and reliably remove skunks from your area.
Call Accurate Pest Control today and we will work to save yourself from the nuisance of dealing with atrocious visitors.